If you’ve yet to try the popular “mug cake,” then you’re in for a treat. What makes a mug cake special? It’s a single serving of a cake that’s dead-simple to make in the microwave that delivers a delicious cake in mere minutes.
So we’ve jumped on the mug cake train, but of course, we’re doing it “Muniq style” — packed with prebiotic fiber, low in net carbs, and zero added sugar. We’ve created a salted caramel version, loaded with sugar-free chocolate chips and caramel sauce. Absolutely YUM.
5.5g net carbs, 0g sugar, and 280 calories per serving
- 1/2 serving — Muniq Vanilla Crème or Muniq Vegan Vanilla
- 1/8 cup — almond flour
- 1 — whole egg
- 2 tbsp — sugar-free caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp — sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp — baking powder
- 1/2 tsp — vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp — sea salt
- a light spray — cooking oil spray (e.g, avocado or coconut oil). Alternatively, you can use a paper towel and spread some cooking oil, and wipe the inside of your mug.
- Lightly spray the inside of a large microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except sugar-free caramel sauce until just combined.
- Pour half of batter in mug. Add 1 tbsp sugar-free caramel sauce and top with the rest of batter.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 45 seconds to a minute. The cake is done when it has risen and is set but still moist.
- Optional: Drizzle with remaining tbsp of sugar-free caramel sauce!
- Allow to cool for one minute before enjoying!